Thursday, February 4, 2016

A little lifey update



The past month has been a series of answered prayers. That's really the only way I can describe it all. The healing and understanding I've prayed for has come.
The peace I asked for has washed over me.
The guidance, protection and focus I've prayed over Oliver continues to rain down on him.
Even incredibly specific prayers, like there being other Christian guys in his platoon or part time job openings that the Lord has opened up for me. 
God is continuing to blow me away with His goodness.
And then there have been the blessings that I didn't even ask for that take my breath away. Like receiving several letters from Oliver every week because he sacrifices his personal time to write me. 
I can't seem to say it enough.
God is good.

Life doesn't get easier, it seems to get harder most of the time. I love how the Lord works, though...Changing you instead of your circumstances. And He gives you the strength to carry on. Not just surviving this hard life, but thriving in it. Because no matter how hard life may get, there is always a reason to rejoice. There is always something to be thankful for. And even in the times when you can't feel His goodness, He is still good. All the time.
The joy, peace and victory that lies within a thankful and accepting heart has been a delightful discovery for me this month.
I can't wait to see all the ways God is gonna keep working in me and Oliver's life. It's exciting.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

Seriously people, that's a verse to live by.
xx-Hon






No comments:

Post a Comment