Saturday, April 23, 2016


I know...I know, this view. It doesn't get much better than this.
So what that I'm moving to one of the prettiest, nicest places in California.
This view.
That's my Missouri right there, and it'll always be my favourite.
I've seen some killer views before, but to me these hills are home. 

I'll be leaving these hills in 4 days, it's crazy to think that I wont see Missouri in the spring for several years.
This whole thing is crazy, this thing called life.
One minute you're wondering when it's ever going to take off and start getting interesting, and then before you know it, it's a little too interesting and you want things to slow down and go back to the way they were.
You think that things will always go on as they are, but they never do.
Nothing about my life will ever go back to the way it was, and I wouldn't want it to. As nice as my life was, it's 100freakingtimes better now.
All because of one person.
My husband.

He's the one who changed it all. From the minute I met him I knew nothing would ever go back to the way it was.
Now over 5 months have passed and I was right. So much has changed, within me, around me, the very air I breath doesn't seem the same.
My heart and soul are more full than they have ever been, and yet only half of me is functioning, because my other half is 2,000 miles away.

I'm ready and I'm not ready, and I think that's perfectly okay.
Because how can one actually be ready for something like this?
It's terrifying, exciting, wonderful and uncomfortable all at once.

In 4 days I'll be leaving my Missouri hills and driving 30+hours across the country to finally be with my husband, to finally start our life together.
 I'll miss my family and friends, I'll miss them a lot.
But every goodbye in Missouri is gonna be so worth that one hello in California.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment