Saturday, December 12, 2015

set aside the weights




Getting out of bed was hard this morning, sometimes it's still the hardest part of the day.
Coffee entices me out.
But still, there's that dread knowing that when I'm up, I have to (or should) be productive with the day. Especially this day, it's been awhile since I've had a day like this.
Sleep is addictive.

On a day like this, with dreary weather and a long list of chores and tasks to accomplish, and the knowledge that I probably won't see anyone but the dog and sheep, it would be easy to stay down. Because that's where I'm at right now, way down there, in the mud, feeling sad and discontent. Days like these ones are simply hard.
I shouldn't complain. Everyday is a blessing, right? Even when it doesn't feel like it.
This is a day where I can overcome the challenge to be sad, a day where I can take control of my thoughts and emotions and hand them over to Jesus and just know, that I don't have to stay down. It's a rigorous process, the handing over of oneself and ones emotions and desires. But Jesus is gentle and patient and eager to help.

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned..." 
 Isaiah 40:1-2

I mean, just think about what it means to belong to the Creator of life.
Even when I don't feel it, God is good. Even when my reality says no, He says yes and His faithfulness remains.

xx-Hon


No comments:

Post a Comment