Tuesday, December 15, 2015

two choices


Sometimes I go back and read the pages I filled not so long ago, just over a year now. Pages filled with words that are windows into a very dark, lonely, lie believing heart. I can't read for very long, the words cloud my head and stab at my heart, its best to put it away again. Maybe in a few years I will read them and they will teach instead of haunt.

The ground I stand on now is solid, the most solid I could find. It holds me fast, even when the words begin to get at me, the words, that not long ago, tore me apart. Perspective is a lovely hand to hold you know, it clears the muck and gives direction. The fight is surrounding, every way we turn there's a trap to fall into, but next to every trap, an escape, and that escape starts with our perspective.
Our reality, the way we think, it either kills us or keeps us alive.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."-Isaiah 26:3

 
there are two perspectives we can choose, two realities, two thought processes.
darkness, or light.
I know what they both bring, and it has been my free will to choose. Everyday we ought to wake up and decide, what will our reality be today?
I choose light. Jesus, because I know full well what He has to offer, and I'd be an idiot, as I so often have been, to choose anything(one) other than Him.
Positionally I have chosen for eternity, practically there is repeating choice.
To daily live out my life for Christ.

xx-Hon


No comments:

Post a Comment