Friday, June 17, 2016

i choose you






Three months ago today I married my best friend. Every day apart and together has been an adventure, life is so crazy good with him by my side.
I sure did get an amazing man. He's easy lovin' and easy goin'--I am so blessed.
I know whats probably going through some of your minds...
"oh just wait...it'll get hard."
Cos marriage is hard, right? Of course, all good relationships are hard.
Good things are not often easy.
But doing hard, good things is rewarding. Working hard for what and who you believe in pays off in so many beautiful ways.

Trust me, I know things can get tough. Even though our time together has been short we have been through a lot of trying times. Military life just does that.
I'm not naive to the struggles of marriage and relationships. I've never been too good with relationships, being the unresponsive, recluse, stubborn person that  I am, I have more than once complicated simple things.
So I get it that life can be hard at times.
And I'm saying all this, to say this.
Life might get hard, but it's completely up to you, to make the best of it.
Everything is a choice.

Choose to be gentle, choose to respect, choose to apologize, choose to talk it out, choose to listen, choose to put the other person first. If you choose to not take it out on the other person when circumstances suck and you're not feeling great about life, you'll avoid plenty of fights and hard feelings. If you choose to respect each other, your love will flow a lot more smoothly. If you choose to take the blame instead of putting the blame on them, disagreements will resolve a lot quicker. Its always a choice, to keep things simple or let them get complicated.

I'm learning that just because something might be hard, doesn't mean it won't be awesome, rewarding, fun, exciting, and probably the best thing in the world.
That hard thing, that wonderful, sweet, dream come true thing..is being married to the best man I know.

So happy 3 months to my lover...Life is indeed happy with you.
I love you.

xx-Honna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment