Friday, June 9, 2017

nobody asked you






What a trip! Driving from Monterey CA to Southeast MO with my friend and 1yr old GSP was quite the experience. 
I seemed to have left my brain in Cali though, along with my shoes, a pancho, swim suit, camera charger, and shower bag, which are all scattered across multiple states.
Although there were mishaps, a credit card scam, and the general fatigue of making a 32hr drive, it was totally worth it for the shots we got and the memories we made. 
We got to see and shoot at some amazing places as we drove through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The Joshua Trees were great, White Sands in NM was breathtaking, and the canyons in Texas were beautiful.
Yet still, after seeing all of those new and exciting things, my favorite and in my opinion, most stunning, is Missouri. It was an honor getting to show off my Missouri to my Cali born and raised friend, Taylor, and it was thrilling to finally have a subject to photograph.

Taylor was here for the 2 groggiest, muggiest days of our visit. 100% humidity, cloudy and stormy, it quickly made me realize how annoying the midwest can be at times. 
As usual though, after each storm, the sky clears up, the sun shines and there's this perfect, magical evening light that shines. We were able to capture both the storm and the quiet after the storm.
To put it simply, it was amazing, and it really made me miss everything about living here.

xx-Honna


p.s.

The title of this blog post basically summarizes the theme of our trip. We did what we wanted, we went where we pleased, and we were bound by no outside opinions. 
It really was a "nobody asked you" sort of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment