Tuesday, July 25, 2017

it makes no sense

I will be the first to admit that I am flawed. I have a temper, I can be unkind, I can be mean and self centered. I am human, I am imperfect. 
I have hated more than I have loved. 
I do not pretend to be anything.


But this I do know. 
Jesus is not done with me yet. 
That is what makes all the nasty stuff melt away because I know that no matter how cruel people are, how hurt I may get, or how bad I behave, He is always there. He is always willing to give me the second chance I don't deserve. 
And because He does this for me, I want to do the same for every person I come into contact with in my life. This doesn't mean that I actually have extended that grace towards them all, but I am trying. 

The world is full of broke, cruel, flawed people.
And sometimes you don't realize you're one of them until you're hurting.
And that's when it should click.
We are all broken people.


As one broken human to another, lets stop wasting time being selfish.
Lets let go of the grudges, the offenses.
Stop thinking the world, and everyone in it, is out to get you.
There is no competition.
Let's stop pretending like everyone else but ourselves is to blame.
Because I think once we realize that we are broken, that's when grace can extend it's healing hand 
and wash away our dust.

xx-Honna

No comments:

Post a Comment