Monday, October 2, 2017

and now its summer here

While the majority of my friends and family are gearing up for sweater weather, I'm over here in Northern Cali sweating it off in shorts and tank tops.
Yep, fall time here is summer time.

It's weird, to say the least. 
And I really miss being cold and watching the world around me change into winter.

That being said, life is really good here.
It has its ups and downs, the "summer" has been full of adventures.
I've met so many amazing people through photography this year, it's truly been a blessing, even if I often loose sight of the good.






Getting to adventure with friends is my favorite thing.
I love just walking around talking, laughing, taking pictures and just experiencing life with each other. Sounds cheesy, but it's good for the soul and it helps me cope with being so far away from home. 




God has put so many beautiful people in to my life here. And considering I'm the worlds worst at putting in effort to even make friends in a new place (thank you, social anxiety), it's really quite shocking that I even have friends here! I'm excited to keep on meeting other creatives, making connections and having more opportunities to love on people. Life is so short, and when I think about last night's shooting it makes me want to double my efforts to cultivate kindness and love towards everyone in my life.

Even in the face of these hard times and heart breaking current events, I thank God everyday for His faithfulness. I know that many families are hurting so deeply today because of the tragic shooting, and I feel so fortunate and blessed to be able to say that several of my family members who were there last night are safe. My prayers are going towards those hurting and devastated families, I pray they find Jesus in the midst of this pain.

xx-Honna









1 comment:

  1. I've been a secret lurker of your blog for a lot of years. I used to love seeing your art, it's inspiring! I noticed your link to your Instagram doesn't work. I was curious to see more of your drawings if you post them on there, so that's when I noticed.

    Glad you're enjoying Cali. It's a pretty good state. I live down in the Central Valley and am not terribly thrilled with it, but almost everywhere else in the state is great. We do have Sequoia National Park right next to where I live, which I love and feel more at home there than down in the valley.

    Hope your day is lovely!

    ReplyDelete